Curriculum Vitae (.pdf)
Publications - Please find full-texts in my ResearchGate profile
- 2016. Recovering from Runaway Privatization in Cambodian Higher Education: The Regulatory Pressure of ASEAN Integration, SOJOURN Journal of Social Issues in Southeast Asia 31(2): 648-683.
- 2016. Our Land of Milk and Honey: Spirituality in the Transformation of Ecological and Heritage Production, in Antony, S. and Schmidt E.M. (Eds.) Beyond the Superficial: Making Sense of Food in a Globalized world, pp. 97-110. Oxford: Inter-Disciplinary Press.
- 2016. The contribution of land exchange institutions and markets in countering farmland abandonment in Japan, Land Use Policy 57: 582.593.
- 2015. Urban Brokers of Rural Cuisine: Assembling National Cuisine at Cambodian Soup-Pot Restaurants, Austrian Journal of South-East Asian Studies 8(1): 45-66
- 2015. Higher education cooperation in ASEAN: building towards integration or manufacturing consent? with Hornidge, A.-K., Comparative Education, 51(3): 327-352.
- 2014. Southeast Asia and the Civil Society Gaze: Scoping a Contested Concept in Cambodia and Vietnam, edited by Gabi Waibel, Judith Ehlert, Hart Nadav Feuer. London, Routledge. ISBN: 978-0-415-70966-8
- Two chapters within the above book:
- 2011. Negotiating Technical and Ideological Standards for Agroecological Rice Production in Emerging Markets: The Case of Cambodia, East Asian Science, Technology and Society, 5(4): 441-459. DOI: 10.1215/18752160-1458013
- 2013. Rebuilding Knowledge: Opportunities and Risks for Higher Education in Post-Conflict Regions, ZEF Working Paper 121, Center for Development Research, University of Bonn, Germany (2013)
PhD, Center for Development Research, University of Bonn, Germany
- Pre-industrial Ecological Modernization in Agro-Food and Medicine: Directing the Commodification of Heritage Culture in Cambodia
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) Thesis, Oxford University, 2008
- Sustainable Agricultural Techniques and Performance-Oriented Empowerment: An Actor-Network Theory Approach to CEDAC Agricultural and Empowerment Programmes in Cambodia (.pdf, 1MB)
B.A. Thesis, Dept. of Economics & Business, Lafayette College, 2004
- Social Capital, Market Interaction, and Income-generation Capacity: An Analysis of 2 Villages in Semi-rural Siem Reap Province, Cambodia (.pdf, 540K)
Selected Unpublished Works
- Die Geschichte der Umweltbewegung Deutschlands und der Aufstieg der zeitgenössischen Umweltpolitik im späten 20. Jahrhundert" (The History of the German Environmental Movement and the Rise of Contemporary Environmental Politics in the Latter 20th Century) 2004 (.pdf, 215K)
- Peace: What's It Good For? 2003 (.pdf, 60K)
- The Greed Creed 2004 (.pdf, 100K)
- Easton Urban Renewal Project - Technology Clinic 2003-2004 Final Report (.pdf, 1.5MB)
- Paradigm Inertia in the National Household Travel Survey (NHTS) (.pdf, 200K)
- Technology Transfer and Sustainable Development: Implications for Local Culture, Rachme Village, Aqaba Province, Jordan (.pdf, 1.4MB)
Militarism & Environment Board Game, 2006A board game for high school (grade 9-12) illustrating the effects of militarism on the environment. Requires dice, tokens (e.g. dried beans), and player pieces (e.g. bottle caps). The board is designed for A3-size paper. Color printing is critical.
- Download the game board and materials (.zip, 15 MB)